What is Reiki?
Reiki (pronounced ray-key) means “universal life force energy”. It’s a Japanese hands-on healing technique used for relaxation, stress reduction and to promote healing. Reiki is gentle, soothing, and non-invasive. The Reiki Practitioner acts as a pipeline for universal life-force energy. They treat their client through a series of specific hand positions placed gently on the body of the person being treated. This facilitates the flow of Reiki energy through the practitioner, manifesting a heightened feeling of warmth in the hands. The Reiki Practitioner merely serves as a conduit for the Reiki energy. Blockages of energy within our bodies can make us feel slow, depressed, and even sick. Reiki therapy works by rebalancing our energy system, on a physical, emotional, mental and spiritual level whereby promoting total healing and peace. Scientists have discovered that every cell in our body is constantly striving for balance. This is called the “homeostatic tendency”. Reiki energy works to amplify this mechanism. Reiki has gained and continues to gain acceptance into the medical community as a meaningful, cost-effective approach to promoting healing. Reiki has demonstrated great success in decreasing the pain of cancer, proven effective in patients with AIDS, lupus, chronic pain, anxiety, postoperative surgery and even childbirth. The use of Reiki has also been shown to:
• Decrease or eliminate the need for medical intervention and side effects of medicine
• Reduce a patient’s recovery time from an invasive procedure
• Strengthen a patient’s immune system and accelerate their natural healing process
• Dissolve addictive patterns
• Improve focus and concentration
• Aid meditation, positive thinking and spiritual growth
• Increase your intuition and psychic awareness
• Provide relaxation, confidence, peace, joy and serenity
• Create balance, harmony and clarity in daily life
• Encourage personal development, self-love and love for others
• Help release tension, stress and negative energies
With Reiki, we can take our health and well being literally in our own hands by simply activating an energy, which flows within us all. Reiki creates and maintains physical, mental, emotional and spiritual balance. Reiki offers you the opportunity to reclaim the power to shape and transform your life. You are given the power to consciously create the life you want for yourself. The more you use the energy and wisdom, the more power you have to shape your world according to the design of your highest dreams.